The COC and Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport (CCES) hosted a joint webinar on November 17, 2021 and it can be viewed below.
Manipulation of Competitions
The slides that were presented can downloaded in both English and French in this post.
Here are some resources that were mentioned during this webinar:
- The Draft Policy and resources available on CCES’ website: https://cces.ca/matchmanipulation
- Olympic Movement Code on the Prevention of the Manipulation of Competitions: https://stillmed.olympic.org/Documents/Commissions_PDFfiles/Ethics/olympic_movement_code_on_the_prevention_of_the_manipulation_of_competitions-2015-en.pdf
- IOC education resources on competition manipulation: https://olympics.com/ioc/integrity/prevention-competition-manipulation
- For more information or to access support, please contact:
- COC: Lizanne Murphy email@example.com, Marg McGregor firstname.lastname@example.org
- CCES: Jeremy Luke email@example.com, Elizabeth Carson firstname.lastname@example.org, Amanda Lanthier email@example.com
Updated IOC Resources:
Code of Conduct – Available in your language:
The IOC has recently launched the updated version of the Code of Conduct in line with the Make the Right Decision-campaign which is now available in 21 languages. You are welcome to download it at this link.
The “Make the Right Decision”-campaign has been launched across Athlete365 social channels and recources can be accessed here: Make the Right Decision campaign toolkit – Athlete365 (olympics.com).
The online learning module on Preventing Competition Manipulation is available on the Athlete365 website. We invite you to share the link with your teams and athletes and encourage them to complete the 15 min module.
For any additional questions, please reach out to NSFservices@olympic.ca